Head of eCommerce Trading
A bit about Wonderbly
Wonderbly is a unique, award winning startup that designs, sells, prints and ships super high quality personalised books for children. Our books are designed to instill a sense of boundless self-belief in the children that read them. In the past five years we’ve sold over four million books and we want to sell hundreds of millions more so we can influence the lives of the next generation to be more curious, kind and courageous than any that has come before.
Life as Head of eCommerce Trading
This is a key senior role within the Wonderbly business with an opportunity to make a real impact. You'll hold responsibility for delivering sales and margin targets through the best in class eCommerce and trading initiatives. You’ll be the driving force of change inputting heavily into the eCommerce product development roadmap. You’ll hold teams to account, ensuring that commercially beneficial decisions are being taken by marketing, ecommerce, engineering, design and new product development teams.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales & margin targets across all countries and products.
- Weekly, monthly reporting on key trading metrics, highlighting issues, opportunities and providing clear guidance/ actions for the business to maximise short term performance. Keep the business abreast of competitor activity.
- Own the trading calendar working closely with the marketing team to ensure the plan is supported across key channels.
- Input heavily into fiscal year budget creation. Set daily, weekly trade and eCommerce targets.
- Develop regular unit forecasts with the BI team and work closely with the Operations team to ensure the right stock is available at the right time in the right factories.
- Build, develop and lead a team of four direct reports
- Lead the international trade and product roll-out strategy including selection of books and add-ons to translate.
- Ownership of AOV driving initiatives through pricing and promotions, improving user journeys, recommending ‘add on’ products (physical and digital) and inputting into the new product development roadmap based on marketplace/customer insight
- Drive conversion rate through optimisation of key user journeys including site navigation, the homepage, range pages and product pages for maximum commercial gain and optimal customer experience. As part of this you must devise regular testing plans to drive business growth through site merchandising and design.
- Provide commercially compelling input into the eCom and product roadmap to ensure the most valuable trading initiatives are prioritised. Provide business cases and scope initiatives where necessary.
A BIT ABOUT YOU:
- Proven experience in a strategic e-commerce trading role achieving sales targets and margins
- A firm understanding of pricing/promotion mechanics and their influence on trading KPIs
- CRO / optimisation strategy experience
- A proven track record of delivering robust site optimisations using an A/B testing platform such as Optimizely (or similar)
- Must have used Google Analytics (or similar) to monitor activity & draw insights
- A champion of customer needs.
- Prior experience using a CMS platform (at Wonderbly we use Prismic)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Analytical and numerical with strong reporting skills
- Communication & influencing acumen
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised to ensure the smooth running of all daily operations
- Ability to think commercially
First and foremost you should join Wonderbly because of the work. We’re on a mission to inspire boundless self belief in every child, everywhere through our beautiful personalised books. We’ve sold a few million books so far and we want to sell hundreds of millions more!
- Working at Wonderbly you’ll be surrounded by positive, self motivated people inspired by this exciting mission. You’ll also get to work from our fun, light filled, colourful studio building in East London.
- We offer a range of additional benefits beyond the work that will make your time at Wonderbly even more fun:
- We offer free team Yoga classes; just one of the many ways we keep centred and calm, despite the (occasional) chaos of startup life
- Health insurance and our cycle to work scheme will keep you and your family in tip-top shape
- We have showers, secure bike parking facilities and are part of the Cycle To Work scheme
- We provide a matched pension contribution
- Each year you'll accrue a generous 28 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- We have heaps of snacks, drinks, and comforts in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Speaking of food; team lunches and breakfasts. We nearly forgot team lunches. Once a week we get together over a delicious free team lunch and spend some tasty quality time together