Junior Project Manager - International
Wonderbly is a unique, award-winning startup that lives on the intersection of storytelling, engineering, digital and print. We are building a new class of global publishing business that brings millions of people into our superbly high quality products - as co-creators and audiences - and in doing so empower them to build connections with each other.
We’re calling it Personal Publishing and we believe it’s going to be massive.
We write, illustrate, build, design, and sell all of our products directly, and have a terrific team working to produce our wonderful products spanning from Art Directors to Dev Ops. Working together we have sold more than 4 million books in every country in the world, and we’re just getting started! With the work you’ll do here with us, we’d like to think we’re on track towards becoming the UK’s most admired creative company.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organised and detail-oriented person to join our International Growth team as a Project Manager to oversee the delivery of translated book titles and ‘business-as-usual’ translations.
Day-to-day, your role will be to work across the product, marketing, engineering and design teams to prepare for the launch of our personalised books in a range of languages. You’ll be responsible for overseeing a whole project from beginning to end; including book translation as well as the additional content required for launch, such as website and marketing materials.
You won’t need to translate the content yourself though! You’ll be working with an established team of wonderful Wonderbly translators, copywriters and editors. Initially you will be responsible for the book launches, but over time you’ll also take on the wider ‘business-as-usual’ content process - delivering all the localised content required by the company.
A bit more about the role...
- Reporting into our International Marketing Manager, you'll be project managing the translation of products in our top non-English markets
- Day-to-day you’ll be liaising and working closely with our translators and editors on each translation project (remotely) , as well as our designers and engineers and other stake-holders who help to build each product (in-house)
- You'll be setting up new localised products on our content management system to prepare for a product launch on our website
- Additionally you’ll support the localisation of our ‘business-as-usual’ translations; by overseeing the translations of (for example) new Facebook ads, emails or site wide trade campaigns like ‘Back-To-School’
- Longer term you’ll be managing existing content on our non-EN websites, fixing any errors or issues, as well as keeping track of international customer feedback on our products and marketing content to continually improve what we do
- You’ll have a minimum of 2 years project management experience in a similar role and can provide evidence of good time and budget management from the previous projects which you have delivered end-to-end
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills from experience working across multiple stake-holders; you must be comfortable in communicating via email and video calls as most of our translators and editors work remotely
- Strong written communication is also a must, ideally with experience in writing and submitting briefs for projects and tasks
- You have a knack (and a process) for solving problems, and see issues that arise as exciting challenges to take on and from a wider perspective you’ll be finding ways to improve our processes and workflow to ensure the highest quality of what we create
- Attention to detail and accuracy are important for this role, so you should consider yourself a stickler for the little things
- You will have good working knowledge of Google suite applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and confidence in using other data saving platforms
- An understanding of content management systems would also be highly preferable as these will be used when launching books and updating the website
- A second (or third!) language would be a plus but not a must; we work across 6 different languages so it’s unlikely you’ll know them all. The focus will be on French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Simplified Mandarin.
- Regardless of your language skills you should foster an interest for other cultures, with a keen curiosity to learn more in order to inform the work that you do in non-English speaking markets
- Good numeracy and analytical skills required, as we analyse and report on country performance within the commercial team
First and foremost you should join Wonderbly because of the work. We’re on a mission to inspire boundless self belief in every child, everywhere through our beautiful personalised books. We’ve sold a few million books so far and we want to sell hundreds of millions more!
Working at Wonderbly you’ll be surrounded by positive, self motivated people inspired by this exciting mission. You’ll also get to work from our fun, light filled, colourful studio building in East London.
We offer a range of additional benefits beyond the work that will make your time at Wonderbly even more fun:
Health insurance and our cycle to work scheme will keep you and your family in tip-top shape
We have showers, secure bike parking facilities and are part of the Cycle To Work scheme
We provide a matched pension contribution
Each year you'll accrue a generous 28 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
We have heaps of snacks, drinks, and comforts in our fully-stocked kitchen
Speaking of food; team lunches and breakfasts. We nearly forgot team lunches. Once a week we get together over a delicious free team lunch and spend some tasty quality time together.
We offer free team Yoga classes; just one of the many ways we keep centred and calm, despite the (occasional) chaos of startup life.